Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Avocado and Nutritional Yeast Open-Faced Sammich

I am not feeling so well today, so I'm not going to be saying much. I had a job interview this morning - I felt fine for that (in fact, I feel pretty good about it) - but once I got home I crashed. I went back to bed for a couple of hours, woke up, and felt like I could sleep a couple of hours more. Nathan felt pretty lethargic as well, so we indulged our laziness and stayed in bed for awhile playing on our respective laptops - him playing with Django stuff, me looking up tasty treats to make for thanksgiving. I've landed on this. Looks great, doesn't it? It will be my first time baking in a looong, long time, so I'm excited. It's distracting me from feeling so crappy. I've been sleeping off and on all day. Bah.
So, this open-faced sandwich I made was absolutely delicious. With some tasty tortilla chips, it really hit the spot. The sandwich itself is simple - once upon a time I ate this kind of sandwich with a fried egg on top. Yum. Oh, that's nutritional yeast on the top there. I know, it looks gross, but it's one of my favorite toppings. I put it on everything - popcorn, stir-fry, sammiches, eggs, whatever. Apparently there are some brands that have gluten; I just learned this. Jeez.
The bread was INCREDIBLE. I had forgotten how effin' perfect bread was. Such texture, such flexibility, mmmm. The bread I had specifically for this sandwich was Ezekiel 4:9 Sesame Bread. If I don't have access to Dave's Killer Bread, I'll usually go for this one. It's not as tasty, but it is healthier. And, by the way, I felt completely cramp-free the day I ate this. Harumph.

Time for rest.

No comments: