Friday, September 12, 2008

My First Post (Almost) EVER

My first actual blog post ever was here.

So I'm not so much for putting myself all over the net (I prefer vomiting in the toilet), but deep down inside I think I knew I was going to be giving in at some point, and that point came when I found myself thinking so friggin' much about food...and how delicious it can be. Mmmm. I already take pictures of almost everything I eat these days, and I love giving restaurant recommendations to friends and family, so setting up a site where I can share my food appreciation seemed appropriate. Also, I've been cooking a lot more (and better) and it will be nice to have an outlet for that as well.

I am fairly sensitive to food in general (sugar makes me loopy, caffeine makes me way too jittery, etc.), and I'll try to keep an account of my reactions and moods...cuz they have a lot to do with the food I'm eating. I think a lot has to do with the food I'm eating actually. It's disturbing how little people in the Western mainstream (and its margins) think about the things (food and otherwise) they put in their bodies. Not that I'm super conscious all the time of how I'm polluting or fueling myself, but this blog will hopefully help in that. Or at least help in guilt-tripping me into caring more, like the good ex-Catholic that I am.

This is one of those things I have been meaning to do for a long time now, but here goes.

No comments: